pxiii In 1954, the most powerful men in the world met for the first time under the auspices of the Dutch royal crown and the Rockefeller family at the luxurious Hotel Bilderberg in the small Dutch town of Oosterbeek. For an entire weekend, they debated the future of the world. 'When it was over, they decided to meet once every year to exchange ideas and analyze international affairs. They named themselves the Bilderberg Group. Since then, they have gathered yearly in a luxurious hotel somewhere in the world to try to decide the future of humanity.
pxiii In the more than fifty years of their meetings [Bilderberg Group], the press has never been allowed to attend, no statements have ever been released on the attendees' conclusions, nor has any agenda for a Bilderberg meeting been made public.
pxiv It is certainly curious that no mainstream media outlet considers a gathering of such figures, whose wealth far exceeds the combined wealth of all United States citizens, to be newsworthy, when a trip by any one of them on their own makes headline news on TV.
pxiv The Bilderberg Group has grown beyond its idealistic beginnings to become a shadow world government.
p1 Bilderberg Group founder, Prince Bernhard
It is difficult to re-educate people who have been brought up on nationalism to the idea of relinquishing part of their sovereignty to a supra-national body.
p5 Bilderberg meetings are never mentioned in the media, since the mainstream press is fully owned by the Bilderbergers.
p19 The Netherlands' Prince Bernhard was asked to organize the first meeting of "like-minded" representatives from all facets of the world's economic, political, industrial and military realms in 1954. They met at the Bilderberg Hotel in Oosterbeek, Holland between May 29" and May 31. At the end of that meeting, the attendees agreed to form a secret association.
p20 an observer of the first Bilderberg conference
The intention behind each and all of the Bilderberg meetings was about how to create an 'Aristocracy of purpose' between Europe and the United States, and how to come to agreement on questions of policy, economics, and strategy in jointly ruling the world. The NATO alliance was their crucial base of operation and subversion because it afforded them the backdrop for their plans of 'perpetual war,' or at least for their 'nuclear blackmail' policy.
p21 One of the main objectives of the Group was to submit the sovereignty of the free nations of Europe to a Bilderberger-controlled British-American One World Government, using a nuclear threat as a battering ram against the rest of the unwilling world.
p21 Since 1954, the Bilderbergers have represented the elite and the absolute wealth of all western nations - financiers, industrialists, bankers, politicians, business leaders of multinational corporations, presidents, prime ministers, finance ministers, state secretaries, World Bank and International Monetary Fund representatives, presidents of world media conglomerates, and military leaders.
p22 Every U.S. president since "Ike" Eisenhower has belonged to the Bilderberg Group, not that they have all attended the meetings personally, but all have sent their representatives. Another member is now ex-Prime Minister Tony Blair, as well as most of the principal members of the British government. Even Canada's high-profile past Prime Minister, Pierre Trudeau, was a member. Past Bilderberg invitees are Alan Greenspan, former Chairman of the Federal Reserve; Hillary and Bill Clinton; John Kerry; Melinda and Bill Gates; and Richard Perle.
Also members are the people who control what you watch and read - media barons like David Rockefeller, Conrad Black (the now disgraced ex-owner of over 440 media publications around the world from The Jerusalem Post to Canada's newest daily, The National Post), Edgar Bronfman, Rupert Murdoch, and Sumner Redstone, CEO of Viacom, an international media conglomerate that touches virtually every major segment of the media industry.]
* Other regular Bilderberger attendees are/were Richard Hoibrooke, Donald Rumsfeld, Donald Graham, Henry Kravis, Marie-Josee Kravis, Vernon Jordan, Richard Haass, Michael Ledeen, William Luti, Jessica Mathews, Kenneth Mehiman, Dennis Ross, Paul Wolfowitz. James Wolfensohn; George Soros. The Rothschild dynasty of Europe is the most powerful force within the Bilderberg Group.
p25 BiIderbergers book a hotel for the duration of the conference, usually ranging from three to four days, with the whole building being cleared of all other guests by the CIA and local secret service to ensure complete privacy and safety for the delegates. All drawings of the layout of the hotel are classified, staff is thoroughly vetted, their loyalty questioned, their backgrounds verified, and political affiliations checked.
p26 Each country sends a delegation of, typically, three persons: an industry or business leader, a top-level minister or a senator, and an intellectual or chief editor of the leading periodical. The United States has the most participants because of its size. Smaller countries like Greece and Denmark are afforded, at most, two seats. The conferences usually consist of a maximum of 130 delegates. Two thirds of the attendees are from Europe, and the rest come from the United States and Canada. (Mexican globalists belong to a less powerful sister organization, the Trilateral Commission.)
One-third of the delegates are from government and politics, and the remaining two-thirds from industry, finance, education, labor and communications.
p30 John Williams, author Atlanticism: The Achilles Heel of European Society, Self-Identity and Collective Will
"[Some of the Western elite attend Bilderberg meetings] to polish and reinforce a virtual consensus, an illusion that globalization, defined under their terms - what's good for banking and big business is good for everybody else - is inevitable and for the greater good of mankind."
p34 About eighty members are regulars who have attended for many years. Fringe people, who are invited to report on subjects related to their sphere of influence or professional and academic knowledge, are clueless about the formal structure behind the Bilderberg Group, and remain in absolute ignorance of the Group's greater goals and universal objectives. A select few are invited because Bilderbergers think they may be useful tools in their globalist plan and are later helped to reach very powerful elected positions. One-time invitees who fail to impress, however, are cast aside.
The most dramatic example of a "useful recruit" was the obscure governor of Arkansas, Bill Clinton, (who) attended his first Bilderberg meeting at Baden-Baden, Germany, in 1991. There, David Rockefeller told Clinton why the North America Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) was a Bilderberg priority and that the group needed him to support it. The next year, Clinton was elected President, and - guess what? - he was a strong proponent of NAFTA.
The following list tracks the coincidences between the dates of some major leaders' attendance at a Bilderberg meeting and the dates of their subsequent career moves:
* Bill Clinton: attended the Bilderberg meeting in 1991; won the Democratic Party's nomination and was elected President in 1992.
* Tony Blair: attended the Bilderberg meeting in 1993; became party leader in July 1994 and elected Prime Minister in May 1997.
* George Robertson: attended the Bilderberg meeting in 1998; appointed NATO Secretary-General in August 1999.
* Romano Prodi: attended the Bilderberg meeting in 1999; sworn in as the President of Europe in September 1999. His term lasted until January 2005; in 2006, Prodi was elected Prime Minister of Italy.
p41 William Shannon
The Bilderbergers are searching for the age of post-nationalism: when we won't have countries, but rather regions of Earth surrounded by Universal values. That is to say, a global economy, one World government (selected rather than elected) and a universal religion.
p41 The Bilderberg Group's chief fear is organized resistance. Members do not want the common people of the world to figure out at they are planning for the world's future: mainly, a One World Government (World Company) with a single, global marketplace, policed by one world army, and financially regulated by one "World Bank" using one global currency.
How the Bilderbergers intend to achieve their One World vision is outlined in the following "wish list." They want:
* One International Identity. By empowering international bodies to completely destroy all national identity through subversion from within, they intend to establish one set of universal values. No others will be allowed to flourish in the future.
* Centralized Control of the People. By means of mind control, they plan to direct all humanity to obey their wishes. The blueprint of their plan is chillingly described in Zbigniew Brzezinski's book, Between Two Ages: America's Role in the Technetronic Era. A man with a Ph.D. from Harvard in 1953 and a founder of the Rockefeller-controlled Trilateral Commission, Brzezinski has an impressive resume. Not only was he Carter's National Security Advisor, but also a member of Ronald Reagan's Foreign Intelligence Advisory Board and co-chair of George H.W. Bush's National Security Advisory Task Force in 1988. He is, as well, an associate of Henry Kissinger and well known for his presentations to several Bilderberg Conferences. He foresees, under the New World Order, no middle class, only rulers and servants.
* A Zero-Growth Society. In a post-industrial period, zero growth will be necessary to destroy vestiges of general prosperity. When there is prosperity, there is progress. Prosperity and progress make it impossible to implement repression, and you need repression if you hope to divide society into owners and slaves. The end of prosperity will bring an end to the production of nuclear-generated electric power and all industrialization (except for the computer and service industries.) The remaining Canadian and American industries would be exported to poor countries such as Bolivia, Peru, Ecuador, Nicaragua, where slave labor is cheap. One of the principal objectives for NAFTA will then be realized.
* A State of Perpetual Imbalance. By artificially manufacturing crises that will put people under continual duress - physically, mentally and emotionally - it is possible to keep people in a perpetual state of imbalance. Too tired and strung-out to decide their own destinies, populations will be confused and demoralized to the extent that, "faced with too many choices, apathy on a massive scale will result.
* Centralized Control of All Education. One of the reasons for the European Community, "American Union" and the future Asian Union to seek greater control of education in general is to allow One World globalists to sterilize the world's true past. Their efforts are bearing "fantastic" fruit. Today's youth are almost completely ignorant of the lessons of history, individual liberties and the meaning of freedom. From the globalist point of view, this arrangement simplifies the program.
*Centralized Control of All Foreign and Domestic Policies. What the United States does affects the whole world. Right now the Bilderbergers seem to exercise some control over U.S. President Bush and his policies. Canada, while appearing to retain its own sovereignty, marches to U.S. demands. Europe, of course, is now influenced by the consensus of the European Community.
* Empowerment of the United Nations. By using what the United Nations already has in place, they plan to shape it into a de jure, and then de facto, world government and charge a direct UN tax on "world citizens.
* Western Trading Bloc. By expanding NAFTA throughout the Western Hemisphere into South America, an "American Union" will eventually form, similar to the European Union.
* Expansion of NATO. As the UN intervenes in more trouble-spots globally, as it is in Afghanistan now, NATO becomes the UN's world army.
* One Legal System. The International Court of Justice is to become the sole legal system for the world.
* One Socialist Welfare State. The Bilderbergers envision a socialist welfare state, where obedient slaves will be rewarded and non-conformists targeted for extermination.
p52 As a final illustration of Bilderberg influence, President Bill Clinton was "anointed" for the presidency at the 1991 Bilderberg Conference in Baden-Baden, which he attended. What was completely unknown to most of the U.S. and world media was that Clinton then took an unexpected, unannounced trip to Moscow, directly from this Bilderberg meeting.
On Tuesday, June 9th he met for ninety minutes with Soviet Interior Minister Vadim Bakatin. Mr. Bakatin, a minister in the doomed cabinet of President Mikhail Gorbachev, was in the middle of campaigning in the fiercely-contested Presidential election, the vote for which was a mere six days away. Yet, he took time out of his crowded schedule to meet unexpectedly with the internationally-unknown Governor of Arkansas. Why?
Mr. Bakatin's subsequent career might provide a clue. Although Gorbachev lost the Presidential election, Bakatin, a "reformer," was rewarded by President Yeltsin with the top spot at the KGB. It appears that President Clinton was sent by the Bilderbergers directly to Moscow to get his KGB student-era, anti-Viet Nam War files "buried" before he announced his candidacy for the U.S. Presidency, which occurred some two-and-a-half months later.
One of the few U.S. papers to run this story was the Arkansas Democrat, which did so under the headline: "CLINTON HAS POWERFUL BUDDY IN U.S.S.R - NEW HEAD OF KGB."
It may come as no surprise, therefore, that, according to sources, Bilderberger-backed candidate Clinton promised President Yeltsin that, if he won the election, Russian warships would be given full refueling and other port privileges at all U.S. Navy bases. This promise was more than kept once Clinton was sworn in as the U.S. President.
According to Samuel "Sandy" Berger, formerly Bill Clinton's national security advisor, speaking at the Brookings Institution, "Globalization - economic, technological, cultural and political integration - is not a choice. It's a growing fact. It's a fact that will proceed inexorably, with or, without our approval. It's a fact we ignore to our peril."
p61 David Rockefeller at the June 1991 Bilderberg meeting in Baden-Baden, Germany, argued for "supranational sovereignty of an intellectual elite and world bankers, which is surely preferable to the national auto determination practiced in past centuries. "
p61 Professor John McMurtry of the University of Guelph in Canada (December 9, 2001) in his opening address at a Forum entitled "How Should Canada Respond To Terrorism and War?"
As such a structure of world rule [Bilderberg Group], it is accomplished by the same financial and media system deciders as put Tony Blair into office in Britain and George W. Bush into the White House against a majority vote. Trans-national corporations have marketed and financed these political leaders to ensure that captive states serve them rather than the peoples governments are elected by, guaranteeing through state plenipotentiaries and trans-national trade edicts that governments can no longer govern them in common interest without infringing the new trade and investment laws in which trans-national corporations alone are granted rights."
p62 Michael Thomas, a Wall Street investment banker said in SCH News, May 8, 1999
"If the Bilderbergers seem more publicity-shy than ever, that is, among other reasons, because their proposals, implemented by subservient agencies such as the IMF and the World Bank have caused more mass devastation in recent years than World War II ever did.